List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: summer of code slots allocation this year
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-02 11:57:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 11:04:39 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > > No, its not.
> >
> > I seem to remember having read that it did influence the decision in the
> > kde-soc mailing list. But no doubt I'm mistaken if you're sure.
>
> I guess numbers of mentors are just a part of the calculation they do.
> Other parts may the numberof proposals, the quality of those proposals,
> commit-statistics, lines of code, etc. etc. Would make more sense to me if
> they don't just count the number of mentors and assign slots to them.

Leslie told me some time ago that an important factor is also: "How well did
those projects do in the past?", operationalised:

- Was there enough communication about the progress of those projects?
- How many projects did succeed in the end?
- How well did the participants and mentors communicate to the outside world?

Those points should be taken into account during this year's SoC. And most of
them boil down to blogging often and having those blogs aggregated on the
right channels. (Is there a GSoC Planet? PlanetKDE for sure ...)
--
sebas