List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Tables in KWord? (was: MS filters)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-17 21:29:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 17. March 2008 22:08:47 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > * Integrate the table shape as an embedded object
> > in a text shape's QTextDocument by:
> > * using a Unicode text object
> > (QChar::ObjectReplacementCharacter)
> > * a QTextObject derived class
> > (QTextTable is a QTextObject already)
>
> Those two things are the same thing, really. In the QTextLayout (aka
> plain Qt) the QTextObject stuff is implemented on top of the former as
> an easier way for Qt customers to extend this.   I wrote my own version
> which IMO is more powerful.   See the KoInlineObject class.

I just noted that the KoInlineObjectRegistry has been removed (merged with
the KoVariable one). This means that you can no longer have a plugin like
a table as you suggested above. Instead you need a KoVariable inheriting
object if you want to have a text plugin; which means those plugins are
limited to having a purely textual content.

--
Thomas Zander