List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Better default step size for KoUnitSpinBox
From:       Florian Merz <FlorianMerz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-13 18:51:05

Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2008 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> you type the long point version of each type in the switch, what about
> typing MM_TO_POINT(5);
> and similar statements instead in that switch().  I think that makes it
> more readable.

Will do that.

> You use
>     d->stepInPoints = KoUnit::defaultStep(unit);
> I think that should be
>    setLineStepPt( KoUnit::defaultStep(unit) );
>
> Can you try if that fixes the problems you stated you saw?

I'll have a look at that tomorrow, if I have the time.

> I'm personally not convinced the placement of the static on KoUnit is the
> best thing, there currently is no place where this is needed as well so
> we would be able to add the functionality without any external API (just
> some code in the KoUnitDoubleSpinBox.cpp).
I know it's not perfect, but it's the best place I could think of. Although
I have to admit, that I don't know the koffice code very well.

> What about doing that and only when someone actually requires this
> feature move the code to have a new public method on KoUnit?
Well, I wrote it for my own tool and then decided to share with the
KoUnitSpinBox. But the tool is not (yet?) in svn so I don't know if that
counts :)

> Let me know what you think!
I used a static variable for defaultStep() because unitName(), does, too.
But honstely, I don't understand why that one is static and then takes a
KoUnit as its first argument.

Also, is there a reason why KoUnit is placed in libs/odf? It took me some
time to find it there. It's an integral part of the application, not just a
part of the file format, right?