List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: logo proposal
From:       jeff <akousw () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-14 22:18:25

On Monday 2008 February 11 14:17:05 Martin Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2008 15:57:12 Peter Simonsson wrote:
> > 2008/2/11, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The artist has already delivered a first version:
> > >
> > > http://www.dertig.nl/projects/koffice/
> > >
> > > Comments? I really like it, it's smooth, the variations
> > > he proposes could be really useful.
> >
> > Looks really nice, /me likes it :)
>
> I like it too, but only as a logo in general. For Koffice it is too
> meaningless too general. The connection between the attributes productive
> and creative and the colors is well a bit steamy...
> I imagined something more like a stearing wheel and a pencil or something
> like that...
> cheers martin

The logo is beautiful.  I love it.  The idea for showing the parts (a la the
kspread logo) is also well planned.  But, productivity = | and creativity =
< , in their respective colors?  I don't get it.  He should have focused on
just the whole suit, and any additional logos, like Kcreativity, kspread,
kword,  krita,... should have their own icon.  I can see the K and O in the
logo very well, though, perfect for K Office.  I might also, though, suggest
that in his plans for components/parts compose the K and not the O, since the
product is, after all, Koffice, not Okffice (or some generic office suite),
so we're looking at Kspread, not Ospread (Office Spread?)  Maybe, the bland
Koffice logo with something about the product in it?