List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 proposal
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2008-02-12 9:41:49

Boudewijn Rempt said the following, On 2008-02-10 17:54:

> Whether Krita gets released is right now a moot question. KWord and Kivio are
> not ready at all. KFormula is as far as I can tell still in the middle of a
> reworking. Jaroslaw -- what's the state of Kexi? I remember you being
> doubtful & focussing on pim?

At the moment I am focused on the KDEPIM, but not because of anything related
to KOffice or Kexi. I am still full-time employed for KDE work, with
priorities set for the PIM at the moment. My spare time, once I regain it
(should be relatively soon), will be for koffice/kexi development :)

As I tend to keep results of detailed audit on kexi-project.org wiki,
similarly to KWord I can see many missing must-have improvements.
I value the solution with focusing on a bit more lighweight components like
KPresenter or KChart, and thus going with more vertical-like development.

Regarding Kexi, I am assuming users would keep staying with heavily debugged
1.6.x series until developers, including me, are satisfied with the state of
2.x. If such a consistence was possible, that would mean we have healthy
ecosystem.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek