List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kpresenter status [Was: Re: KOffice 2.0 proposal]
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2008-02-12 4:58:50

Hello,
> From: "Thorsten Zachmann" <t.zachmann@zagge.de>
>
> >I also have no time tonight. I can propose 20:00-21:00h tomorrow evening.
> > I hope that I can be there.
>
> Fine with me. It's naturally important that you are there.
>
> But I'm around on irc from now until around midnight too. I plan to discuss
> the shape selector with psn and jaham. kpresenter stuff might pop up too.
>
> But the actual kpresenter todo meeting is hereby moved to tuesday 20:00cet

somehow I messed up and I can't make it this evening. Also I can't propose
another date for this week due to work and family commitments.

I have prepared a list of stuff that I think is needed for kpresenter/koffice.
I have splitted them in parts that I think we should have for 2.0 and stuff
that does not need be there for 2.0.

It might be still a good idea to have a look at kpresenter this evening so
there is a basic understanding of its state even if I can't make it. If there
is a log I can have a look at it afterwards and post comments.

FYI: For the text shape to work properly Qt 4.4 is needed. Otherwise undo/redo
and some other stuff is just not working.

flake:
------
required for 2.0:

o simple picture shape
  Casper Boemann is already looking into this

o text shape needs work
  I'm currently looking at this and also Boudewijn said he will help here

o table shape
  Boudewijn is working on that

o spell checking
  Fredy Yanardi has done a commit lately.

not required for 2.0:

o video shape
o shadows
o line endings

kpresenter:
-----------
required for 2.0:

o do different page animations
  The framework is done so this is basically "just" writing down a page
  effects. There is currently Lacroix Timothee helping here and I think
  he will have its first effect working any day now.
  I'm currently working on loading and saving of the page effects.

o outline mode
  Aaron said he will look into this one. I hope we can have mix here from
  what Aaron likes and the traditional version. They should complement each
  other.

o custom slide shows
  Carlos Licea is working on this

o page background
  Configure a page backround color/gradient/picture
  There needs to be stuff done UI and code wise

o change the master page of a page
  There needs to be stuff done UI and code wise

o have different views for presentations xinerama
  e.g. like keynote show the current and next slide and also some notes
  Aaron said he is interested into this one.

o templates so that the content can be formated differently by applying
  a different template
  this mean to have meaning for a shape e.g. like title, body

o printing

o notes editor

o changing colors
  filling/line of shapes.

not required for 2.0:

o drawing mode for presentations
  (draw onto slides during the presentation to higlight something)

o events/links

o shape animations (SMIL)
  SMIL is very big and there are lots of stuff in there to be busy for a
  long time.
  I have the basic infrastructure in place to to shape animations so that
  shapes can move around, but I have the feeling this needs to have quite
  some more thinking to be done the right way.
  Or maybe we should have some basic effects ready.How about only having
  appear/disappear

o sound on animations

I'm sure I forgot something and the list is not complete.

Have a nice day,

Thorsten