List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 proposal
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2008-02-11 4:47:11

Hello all,

> So, the initial KOffice 2.0 release would contain:
>
> * KPresenter
> * KSpread (not much development recently, but in a pretty good shape)
> * KChart (lots of recent work, in a pretty good shape)
>
> Perhaps:
>
> * KPlato (Dag? We're not quite able to assess the readiness of KPlato)
> * Karbon (Jan, Rob? Lots of recent work, in a pretty good shape -- but
> there are still new features being added, and focussing on kpresenter will
> also take a lot of flake work, tying up Jan)

I think karbon does look really good these days due to the work Jan has put in
and also kpresenter gets a lot out of the work done for karbon. I think we
should add karbon to the list of apps to release.
I also hope that krita can make it as it is the app which has the most focus
from the users and might have the biggest user group out there from all
koffice applications.

> Whether Krita gets released is right now a moot question. KWord and Kivio
> are not ready at all.

As kivio shares kopageapp with kpresenter work that is done on it will also
bring kivio forward.

Have a nice week,

Thorsten