List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Logo brief
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-02-06 21:37:46

Here's the text I intend to send out:

KOffice (http://www.koffice.org) is a suite of applications developed purely
by volunteers. The most important thing is that KOffice has two faces:
creativity and productivity. (We used to have a slogan that said "KOffice:
for both sides of your brain".) Our keywords are openness, integration and
comprehensiveness. There are lots of components to KOffice, but the logo
doesn't need to refer to them all, either separately, combined or as a
subset.

Preferably the colors used will fit in with the default colors of our parent
project. A palette file can be downloaded at
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Development/Guidelines/CIG/Colors.
For a logo, either the normal or the vibrant set is ok, as are gradients
between the colors from these sets.

The logo should be licensed under the LGPL, like the KDE logo
(http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Logo).

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi