List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Source package documents distribution.
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-02-05 21:34:40

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
> >   I'm having a review to debian 1.6.3 packaging. As there are little
> >   chances
> > that 1.6.4 will ever be released, I'm paying attention to the changes
> > that has been done on the svn revisions.
>
> maybe there will be once a 1.6.4 release. I guess at least for KWord it
> would make sense since there was some work done on opendoc in the
> 1.6-branch after 1.6.3 got released through I guess just nobody has the
> time to do a release + I've no idea what the plans are there.
Honestly a 1.6.4 release was planned, but when I start to try to make it
happen, I realized that I was not sufficiently motivated by general KOffice
work to make it happen. But if anyone wants to do it, it's fine with me.

> >   But after this I see that CookBook.odt and TODO are not installed
> >   anymore
> > on /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/ . Should those files distributed at all?
> > maybe included in the api documentation package?
>
> TODO is only for developers, so not official documentation. iirc the
> cookbook does contain quit some interesting details about Krita and Krita
> plugins. So, somewhat also directed to developers + afaik there does not
> exist
> translations for it. So, imho it's also not official documentation (except
> boud says it is :)
CookBook.odt is a document about writting documentation (and there is no
reason to install it) not about Krita and Krita plugins. As for its presence
in the source tarball, I don't see how it hurts, but yes there is no real
reason to have it in it. The documentation for Krita and Krita Plugins is now
available inside Krita's HandBook.

--
Cyrille Berger