List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    beta1
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-02-01 19:13:00

Hi,

Nobody will have missed the fact that I haven't released beta1 yet. There are
a couple of reasons -- I have had/am having a bit of a bear of a time at
work, for instance.

But the main thing is that I don't think we've made our beta1 release goals
yet. For beta1, we should have been feature complete (with brokenness
allowed) and have 100% succeeding unittests.

The latter is a given and we can decide to skip that requirement, or fix it.

The former (feature complete) is something that we can argue about: I don't
have a clear list of features that we feel need to be in a sufficiently
present state for beta1, so it's just my feeling. I would really like to get
that list fixed, though.

(btw, I haven't sent out the mail about the logo either, I will work on that
tomorrow afternoon, promise! The rest of tonight is for work-work again).
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi