Ananth A said the following, On 2008-01-25 18:05: > I just compiled the koffice version 1.97 from the svn for windows. > After a few minor glitches, i was able to compile them all (well, > most packages). > > however, i am unable to open any file. Sometimes i get the import > filter dialog box but after that i always get an error - its either > 'an internal error or unable to read the beginning part of the file. > > can anyone point me to which files to look to get more info for this error ? One of the cases could be opening the file in ascii mode. Grep through the source code and make sure there are no ::open() (not QFile which is OK) calls used without O_BINARY flag. On Windows ascii mode is the default. Replace open() with portable KDE_open() from . If you want to debug, set a breakpoint near the error message and look at the call stack. What file format do you try and what app do you play with? -- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska (http://www.openoffice.com.pl/en) to work on Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi.pl/en, http://www.koffice.org/kexi) KDE Libraries for MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org) _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel