Hi, The news is great - I believe the final effect will be proffesional! Let me use Martin's post to note down some things. First, what does logotype mean? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logotype So, logo is not application icon. Secondly, logos have to be simplistic. I won't repeat notes available elsewhere, e.g. http://www.smallbusinessbible.org/whatpurpose_logodesign.html Martin Pfeiffer said the following, On 2008-01-21 22:04: > Should the logo feature a "K", I would vote for it, as it is in our name and > stresses our relation to the KDE desktop. Perhaps everyone who wanted, already knows the relation? Others would find it annoying that there are so many icons containing just K in KDE (without any deeper idea) that someting as frequently used in icons as a pencil, pen or a book/notepad. Of couse for a "high details" version of the logotype, the K could be used somewhere. > Then there is a more generell motive question: common are office symbols or > some other objects. As it is often very hard to determine them I would vote > for just a "KOffice" text that looks nice. > Or have "KOffice" be written with symbols for the different components, as > long as it is possible... Regarding KOffice text: most likely it will be _already_ used below or aside of the logo. The text does not need to be a replacement of the sign. It can be but as oo.org example shows, there is a problem with downscaling textual logos, e.g. to 22x22. Example of nice FOSS project's logo: http://www.gotgtek.net/cms/images/stories/logo%20finalists_joomla01.jpg Now in other post Simon said the following: > What comes to my mind when I think of KOffice is: openness, > comprehensiveness and integration of its components, respectively. > Thinking about it a little bit more, flexibility is another central > aspect of KOffice. These are ineed properties of the project. OO.org coined "Birds" for its logo out of openess, at least. http://www.openoffice.org/branding/images/logonew.gif But: do we need to put there properties of the project, especially technical, like flexibility and open development or rather do we need something one can quickly recognize as office/creative suite? I guess the latter is nicer. Still, for sure we want to differentiate from competition. We have always presented 2 areas: creativity and office productivity. It is unusual mixture compared to any competition, so I think we may want to pick the first or the second one as a theme of the logotype. I think about 'office' part as it is KOffice we're talking about anyway. -- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska (http://www.openoffice.com.pl/en) to work on Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi.pl/en, http://www.koffice.org/kexi) KDE Libraries for MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org) _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel