List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF text (was Release schedule after the alpha's)
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-12-24 10:39:44

On Monday 24 December 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 24 December 2007 08:50:05 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > y, and afaik that works already since KoTextShapeData does create a
> > > KoStyleManager+KoTextLoader if not passed in before already. Well,
> > > may an idea to move that logic to the text-shape itself...
> >
> > That is a problem as this will give different text shape a different
> > style manger, but all text shapes should use the same style manager. I
> > much more think if a application does not provide a KoStyleManager the
> > whole should still work and there should be no need to generate one at
> > all.
>
> I agree with Sebas here, it already works the way it is suppost to.
>
> As I explained before the stylemanager should be a document-wide property
> *only* if the application will actually support that.
> So the application should set the stylemanager (which is what the
> KoOasisLoadingContext also ensures).

The KoOasisLoadingContext does not do ensure this. Are you sure you mean the
KoOasisLoadingContext?

> Think about this for a second; you create a new text shape in krita, that
> doesn't have a doc-wide style manager. And you save it.
> Next time you load it I expect all the different text shapes to *still*
> have their individual style managers since otherwise weird thing will
> happen. Like two text shapes with a H1 style, but they were created
> different and after loading they suddenly share that.

sure they have to share it. That is odf. The styles of the style managener
have to be saved by the application to make it work at all. There is only one
place in odf to save the styles of the style manager. It is not possible for
the different shapes to save their styles of the style manager.

> Bottom line; I don't see anything wrong with the auto-creation of a style
> manager as we do now.
> If you see something wrong; give me a usecase on where it goes wrong. I
> may have missed something. I'm not infallible :)

As stated already above ODF only supports one document wide style that is used
for saving the styles defined by a style manager.

Thorsten