List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF text (was Release schedule after the alpha's)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-23 20:41:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 23 December 2007 18:03:49 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > b) refactor the code (like the constructor stuff at the top of this
> > mail) to allow me to instantiate less classes against which I'll
> > test.
>
> It should be already possible.

Sure, I guess it is possible; but instantiating a KoDocument inheriting
class which is not needed for a huge chunk of the code is not optimial
for unit tests.
Possible does not mean the best solution :)

> Well, thinking again about all this, I
> guess the only real solution would be to move the frame-code from KWord
> to kotext what would allow us to merge all th KWOpenDocumentLoader code
> into kotext as well.

You completely lost me here; how does the goal of creating a really really
small test that *only* tests one piece of loading code mean to you to
move more code into kotext?

Really; the goal is to use a minimal constructor for the context; and
other classes needed and then call *only* the loadLists() method and
check the results.  After which we delete all instantiated classes and
test the next 100 lines of code.

I repeat this since your mail doesn't seem to take into account of making
the units smaller. Moving more code into kotext does the opposite.

So, *please*
write a running, minimal example of code that loads some ODT into a
QTextDocument.  Thats all I want.  And I have no clue how to do it right
now.

Can you help me with that?
--
Thomas Zander