List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF text (was Release schedule after the alpha's)
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-12-20 1:13:36

Sebastian Sauer wrote:

>> Bottom line; I want to have a way to test this.  In my test i need a way
>> to instantiate the correct classes.
>> Define an XML that I then let KoXml load, as my testing code.
>> Then I want to call specific methods in the KoTextLoader and check if the
>> QTextDocument looks correct afterwards.
>>
>> Who can help me with that? I already added an empty test framework to be
>> filled ;)
>
> please just commit it, so I can discover probably other points that are
> not logical / missing :)

Thinking again about it; such a unittest-suite would probably also link
against KWord since kotext does not contain all the code needed to
load+display a odt-document (it misses all those parts that are within
kword/part/KWOpenDocumentLoader.* ). So, to "check if the QTextDocument looks
correct afterwards" I would suggest to just use kword ;) imho a "real"(TM)
unittest would need to do it like the KHTML-testsuite does. So, e.g. load it
into a qtextdocument (or better into a textshape), save it somehow || dump
somehow the render-thing out and check if it follows what's expected. I guess
the "look afterwards and compare manual the expected with the actual" may
work at the beginning but really misses the essential parts of a unittest -
e.g. that way we may not note if a regression did change e.g. the
paragraph-height by 0.1*fontheight + to don't have it fully-automated makes
it rather difficult, may consume to much time and can easy miss things aka
can't garantee to have 100% of the testsuite verified+passed.