List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: SVG path support
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-12-02 5:56:42

Hello Patrick,

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> The question has come up about possibly changing the way we declare the
> SVG path attribute in ODF 1.2.

ODF supports the SVG path attribute fully see: 9.2.6 Path.

<quote>
Path Data
The syntax for the attribute svg:d is described in §8 of the Scalable Vector
Graphics (SVG) 1.1 Specification [SVG].
</quote>

> Currently, we subset the SVG path attribute by not allowing relative
> commands. (In ODF 1.1, see 9.5.3 Enhanced Geometry - Path Attributes,
> the enhanced-path attribute.)

That is only true for Enhanced Geometry shapes. For path shapes relative
commands are allowed.

Are you sure you not mixing two different things?

> I have checked with the editor of the SVG standard and he says that so
> far as he knows, all SVG implementations support relative paths with no
> problem.

As I said this is already in ODF.

> So, the question becomes should we move closer to standard SVG in the
> next version of ODF?

I don't know If it makes sense to support relative commands for the enhanced
path shapes as they are I think not in SVG. I also don't know if it would be
possible to do so there.

Hope that helps.

Thorsten