List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    SVG path support
From:       Patrick Durusau <patrick () durusau ! net>
Date:       2007-12-01 19:18:40

Greetings!

The question has come up about possibly changing the way we declare the
SVG path attribute in ODF 1.2.

Currently, we subset the SVG path attribute by not allowing relative
commands. (In ODF 1.1, see 9.5.3 Enhanced Geometry - Path Attributes,
the enhanced-path attribute.)

I have checked with the editor of the SVG standard and he says that so
far as he knows, all SVG implementations support relative paths with no
problem.

So, the question becomes should we move closer to standard SVG in the
next version of ODF?

I have checked with OOo and there is no objection there.

Would changing to support relative commands cause any problems for KOffice?

Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

PS: I haven't completed reviewing everywhere in ODF where we use SVG so
if you are aware of any other places where we subset or are different
than "standard" SVG, please give a shout.

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net