List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice alpha5 tagged
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-18 12:08:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 17 November 2007 17:52:45 Thomas Zander wrote:
> The drill as usual; please reply to this mail (on the mailinglist) with
> all the changes you have done and deem important so we (well, inge/etc)
> can write the release notes.

My stuff ;)
yeah, this really is just one month of hacking :)

* Added lots of functionality to the rulers to be almost on par with the
KOffice1.x version.
* Remove all koffice-hacked support for text-tabs and add code for people
compiling with Qt4.4 (which is pre-alpha) which has much better results.
* Make undo/redo work in KoText by connecting to a new signal in
QTextDocument. This signal will only be actually emitted in Qt4.4 though.
* Various fixes in auto-spell check.
* Fix issues when users dragged a shape onto a multi page kword document
where the shape was positioned incorrectly.
* Make manually scrolling update the preferred position so that when the
user zooms from the menu it gets recentered on where we were instead of
where we zoomed in/out last.
* Make the zoom tool cancellable using the escape key.
* Fix the capitalization (allCaps, smallcaps etc) dialog to actually work
(if the user uses Qt4.4)
* stop crashing after moving between qsplitter handles (ctrl-F8)
* We worked on a "Kids Office" in the 1.6 area, which was a major
undertaking to make work, and we never released anything.
Just to find out how good our pluggability is, I created a new version of
the idea where  show a simple user interface for children (or people
otherwise uninterested in all the features) as a replacement for the
styles based one.Its not finalized, but the idea works and I'm sure that
edu projects will love using a profile where this plugin is showing and
nothing else.

--
Thomas Zander