List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule[B
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-05 15:48:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 05 November 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > the idea of some sort of globally coordinated release is a pipedream that
> > is being sold as a way to convince people to line up nicely with one
> > company's product.
>
> Sure. But it gives us a target that very nicely fits with our previous
> release historyr: KOffice tends to get released in April with a secondary
> release somewhere in the fall. We (that is KOffice) need a hard target,
> something that fixes our release schedule. Kubuntu's deadlines fit quite
> well, so I proposed to use that.

absolutely, i think it's great to have release targets like this. i have
*zero* issues with that, in case i didn't make that clear (i probably
didn't), in fact i support it strongly.

it's just a matter of how we communicate that to the outside world and that we
keep ourselves free to make our own decisions. kubuntu may be your
inspiration, but it's perhaps not the most strategically sound thing to
trumpet that .. particularly in a way that can be read as forming a close
bond and allegience.

PR can be annoying ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo