List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Berlin Sprint Action List Update
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-05 15:43:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 05 November 2007 16:23:32 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Monday 05 November 2007 15:46:07 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > * Fix the shape selector to work with templates
> > >
> > > -> psn expressed interest in this topic.
> >
> > I meant to ask; what is this about?  Since the shape selector already
> > shows templates.  So this 'todo' has me confused.
>
> Didn't we discuss this already? The shape selector doesn't scale to the
> number of templates kivio needs. I think that's what psn is interested in.

Aha, so its not about the functionality of templates, but about managing them.

As I already added groups and all that, all that is needed is a way to
* add a new group
* add a titlebar to the group
* allow the user to resize the group

Notice that when adding functionality like the 'Create Group' that I want to
allow the user to change the zoom level.
Much like what you already see in Plasma.  (this is an example where great
minds think alike ;).  The idea here is that a user might want to place a
text document on the shapeSelector and zooming in would make the text
actually readable.
This, naturally, next to the concept of a spatial desktop.

Anyway, the point is that I guess we need to show some buttons for the user to
find and select.  Maybe we can steal the idea of a 'hotspot' like plasma has
for showing buttons.  If only for consistency.

--
Thomas Zander