List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: dockers constructors
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-03 21:22:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi boud,
quick email before I log off.

On Saturday 03 November 2007 22:07:21 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Going through the KoCanvasResourceProvider is a good idea, though. I
> haven't thought through all the consequences, but would it be useful to
> add a document() method to KoCanvasResourceProvider instead of relying
> on the apps to get one using the generic methods?

A docker typically either uses something like a QTextDocument, a KisImage
or a KoPADocument to get its stuff when that docker wants a specific type
of content.
I would think that a KoDocument is too generic and not very useful for a
docker to get.
In other words; I don't see the usecase for such a method.  It would
require the provider to cast and then the docker to cast again. For no
gain I can see.

> (A next step could (or perhaps should) be to make the document
> structure docker more generic.

Perhaps you are right, and I won't stop anyone from doing this.
I just want to comment that it most certainly is not going to be a TODO I
care about prior to the 2.0 release :)

--
Thomas Zander