List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Precision "display mode" for KoRuler
From:       "Aron Stansvik" <elvstone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-03 11:28:52

2007/11/3, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>:
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 12:04:03 Aron Stansvik wrote:
> > Btw, you realize that doing the painting of my measurements in
> > drawRulerStripes() will create a mis-nomer? I won't draw any stripes
> > in it :)
>
> Yes, I realized that; as your screenshot doesn't show any stripes either.
>
> What is it that should be drawn that my suggestion would not draw?

The drawing mode in MSWord I'm talking about will be exactly like the
ruler normally looks, minus the stripes and numbers, but plus those
lines with arrowheads and the numbers showing the distances that you
see in the screenshot.

I think Andre's idea of renaming drawRulerStripes() to
drawMeasurements() is a good solution, since drawMeasurements() won't
be a mis-nomer in either case.

Aron