List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Precision "display mode" for KoRuler
From:       andre () familiesomers ! nl
Date:       2007-11-03 11:22:49

Hi,

> Btw, you realize that doing the painting of my measurements in
> drawRulerStripes() will create a mis-nomer? I won't draw any stripes
> in it :) I guess you don't mind, but the alternative would be to have
> a drawMeasurements() in PaintingStrategy instead, that the existing
> strategies would just not implement, only my new ones would.
>
> Maybe this is what you meant all along, that I should override
> drawRulerStripes() only in order to prevent the drawing of stripes,
> and do the painting of the measurements in a new method?

Just a thought: the Ruler Stripes are measurements as well, right? Maybe
you could rename the method to drawMeasurements everywhere? I think that
would make sense. It is a more general term that fits both your needs and
the existing needs, I'd say. Then again: I'm not a coder for KOffice, so I
don't get a say in this :-)

André