List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Precision "display mode" for KoRuler
From:       "Aron Stansvik" <elvstone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-03 11:04:03

2007/11/3, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>:
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 11:37:08 Aron Stansvik wrote:
> > > You may want this little patch for kword to see a usage of hotspots
> > > in action. Very silly example, but it gives you something to look at
> > > ;) (since I have not had the chance to write any API docs for that
> > > new feature)
> >
> > Cool. I'm guessing drawing the hotspots as black lines is to aid
> > debugging, since a hotspot for e.g. the margin should be invisible
> > right?
>
> KWord1.x showed it as a black line, which is why I did it.
> But, sure, I wanted to get this part functional before thinking about the
> looks.  So, I'm undecided on the issue. Lets see what it looks like when
> I have added them for headers + footers + pageareas etc.

Yea I realized that at least for the margins, a black line might be
exactly what is needed, since the white/gray difference is a bit
faint, at least on my LCD.

Btw, you realize that doing the painting of my measurements in
drawRulerStripes() will create a mis-nomer? I won't draw any stripes
in it :) I guess you don't mind, but the alternative would be to have
a drawMeasurements() in PaintingStrategy instead, that the existing
strategies would just not implement, only my new ones would.

Maybe this is what you meant all along, that I should override
drawRulerStripes() only in order to prevent the drawing of stripes,
and do the painting of the measurements in a new method?

Aron