List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Caching of shapes
From:       Johannes Simon <johannes.simon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-29 21:12:33

Hi,

Today, I implemented caching of the chart shape so that it doesn't need
to repaint the entire diagram plus legend whenever you move or rotate
it. And guess what, it turned out to vastly improve rendering
performance! Though, for some reason, that only applies to moving the
shape. Rotating the pixmap still is really slow, at least on my
computer. But that seems like a Qt 4.3 issue to me (correct me if I'm
wrong).

Anyways, I would suggest to introduce caching to KoShape. It would
certainly speed up things a lot. Shapes that don't need it ( like a
simple line ) could simply disable it.

If we can agree to integrate it, I could do the implementation.

Joh