List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Meeting decisions
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-10-28 10:00:27

Hello,

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I think avoiding the mixing of concepts that are in principle very
> different will actually make sure the end effect is more understandable
> code.

we don't see any difference in the concepts:

- a connection is an object on screen that can be manipulated
- a connection should be able to be dragged to a different position
- a connection has to be added to the document
- a connection should be able to be animated in kpresenter
- a connection needs to be able to be deleted
- a connection should be shown in the object tree view

That all is common to a KOShape.

We all get this for free if a connection is a shape. So this does create less
code duplication and make the code actually easier to understand.

We will try to get a basic connections shape up and running and see if it
works out.

Have a nice Sunday.

Thorsten