List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Release schedule
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-10-27 14:26:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

The way KOffice is shaping up right now, the natural release date is Q1 2008.
That coincides with the Kubuntu 8.04 release. This is a good time to
synchronize KOffice releases the release schedule from the largest Linux
Desktop distribution. We can do that because we've now laid a firm foundation
for our new architecture and it is easy to release new features and bug fixes
on a six-montly basis.

We discussed this with Jonathan Riddell, and he said that we should be
relatively sane by mid February and have a release candidate by mid March.

Calculating back from that, the following schedule is looking sane:

Keep monthly alphas until January.
Beta1 January 22
RC1 March Sunday March 16

It is quite okay for some applications to be not in the release: we can
release 2.0 with a reduced application set and a reduced function set.
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi