List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: *Magick
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-10-23 7:56:32

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> I noticed that KOffice requires GraphicsMagick rather than ImageMagick.
>
> Considering the fact that the current release of ImageMagick supports
> HDRI and the current release of GhostScript (8.57) and GM doesn't appear
> to, I was wondering if there was a reason for using GM rather than IM.

No reason at all. We only use GM for importing and exporting certain obscure file
formats, and even there the goal is to phase GM out and replace those filters
with our own filter code. The days are long gone that Krita was a simple wrapper
around ImageMagick. (And for the places where we use GM, we certainly appreciate
the API stability of GM versus the volatility of IM).

Boudewijn