List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Color printing work flow??? Folow up
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-10-19 22:07:35

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> Anyway, I tried all four.  The color data in the four files:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Krita/color-P-Fuji.png
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Krita/color-R-Fuji.png
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Krita/color-S-Fuji.png
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Krita/color-A-Fuji.png
>
> is the same.

I tried this again, it it appears to have worked -- new results are
posted.  I remain puzzled as to why it didn't work the first time --
perhaps I was having a bad day.  I clearly did something different that
screwed up the results the first time, but I haven't been able to repeat it.

IAC, I still wonder about the saturation issue.  From the new results, I
am presuming that when using Perceptual that saturation is being reduced
to preserve value -- this seems reasonable.

Well the next step is to have some prints made to see if this results in
better or worse prints.

--
JRT