List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A directory for color profiles
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-10-12 22:44:36

It's unrelated to the problem at hand, but well.

> I presume that these should go in:
>
> 	/usr/share/color/profiles
Yes and no.

> I say this because there might be other data related to color.
> Specifically, were do we keep pallets?
>
> However, before we do this, we should run it by FreeDesktop.org and see
> if it needs to go in an XDG spec.
Profiles directory is managed by OpenICC
(http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc) and pallettes is managed by Create
(see
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php?title=Shared_resources&oldid=313
for the latest spec). But it would be a bad idea to have KOffice any files to
those those directory, to avoid conflict if an other application bundle those
profiles. The real solution would be to have a package in each distribution,
with all the profiles, with the create package, and have various application
depends on that package. But no one (distribution or us, upstream) is making
an effort in that direction.

--
Cyrille Berger