List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/filters/kword/mswrite
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-30 8:43:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

>  If you must change the license,
> then how about a dual license?

I have other problems with this relicense.
This code is in an executable with lots of other code, which is GPL. This
license change makes the whole undistributable.And thus worthless.

Also you changed the license of the whole file with lots of people having
their code in there. (including me). Mostly not much, and thus not worth
putting your name in the top of the license.  But its not really nice to
change the licensing of a file thats been in svn for so long.
I have to point out its entirely legal, just not very nice.  I personally
would not have changed a line of code in this filter if it was BSD
licensed from day one. So I personally think this is a slap in the face.

Due to the license conflict of the different files this filter can not not
be distributed anymore. So can you please change the license back ?

Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander