List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New KOffice sprint
From:       "Sven Langkamp" <sven.langkamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-24 14:16:49

On 9/23/07, Casper Boemann <cbr@boemann.dk> wrote:
> > I would like to have at least a few "ah! I never knew life could be this
> > simple, productive, useful, nice, pleasant, fun" moments with 2.0. And I
> > think we should try really hard to identify places where KOffice apps are
> > too dissimilar from each other and try to establish common ground. Er...
> > Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I'm rather sad about the way Kexi is
> > looking, once again, completely out of place.
> Yeah but we must all remember that kexi has much more in common with apps
> like
> KDevelop than KWord etc
In 2.0 Kexi looks more like Office 2007 with the ribbon thing. UI-wise
even KWord and KDevelop have more in common.

But I think there are much more annoying things at the moment. The
resources like patterns, gradients, palettes are not shared between
apps.
For example: Krita can use the flake gradient tool when editing
shapes, but it's not possible to use the same gradient in Krita and
flake gradient tool.