List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New KOffice sprint
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2007-09-21 12:33:16

Hi everybody,

For some time I have had all the data that I need to announce a new KOffice
sprint, but real life has left me a bit drained[1] and I haven't had the
energy to really get going.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, I have talked to KDAB in Berlin, and they are willing to let us use
their wonderful premises again on the weekend 27th-28th of October. The
agenda for this KOffice sprint can be discussed, but here is what I think is
a good idea to talk about and do:

Prio 1:
 * Final discussion about features to include and not include into 2.0.
  It's time to set things in stone and focus on the release. What shall we
leave to 2.1 and what shall we try to finish?

 * Accessibility
 We need to at least prepare to make KOffice compatible with accessibility
techniques in KDE and freedesktop. I have asked one of the Schmidt brothers
to come and help us with accessibility for KOffice and gotten a preliminary
yes.  I need to get a final yes provided that you find it relevant.

 * Work out solutions for remaining implementation details
 I don't know what these would be right now, but I imagine that there are at
least one or two remaining.  Kind of like when suddenly some people trotted
off into a conference room to solve ODF saving last time.

Prio 2:
 * Planning for version 2.1.
 Is this relevant or premature?  I don't know.

 * the GUI and the HIG
 Does KOffice follow the KDE Human Interface Guidelines? Perhaps we can have
Ellen with us and let her give us some pointers and tips.

Unknown prio:
 * Release work and marketing around the release.
Do we have to plan anything in particular here?

 * Printing
 What's the remaining issues?

 * Work loads and help
 Is somebody overworked?  Can we help each other in a more efficient way?

As usual, the people I'd like to attend are the maintainers of the different
applications in particular and other koffice hackers in general.

So a quick hands up...  Who can / want to attend and who can and cannot?

Left for me to do before this is 100% final is to get a written OK from the
e.V board that they will cover the costs of travel and lodging.  KDAB will
once again cover the food costs up to €1000.  Thank you, KDAB!

	-Inge

[1] One of my friends have come down with cancer and may pass away before new
year.
--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |