List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice as XML editor
From:       Kay Hayen <kayhayen () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-09-09 16:10:08

Hello Jaroslaw,

obviously this should not be about bloat in the GUI, but somehow naturally fit
into things, but I didn't put to much though on that. I guess, this can be
added in a non-intrusive form and be entirely absent for the default case
that the user has specified no extra schemas.

Reporting is somwhat related, but not very. I would rather think of it as
annotation and presentation mixed into structured information. Like I can
open my XML data file and attach all kind of presentation. Like making
the "test script name" tag contents bold, have it appear in footers/headers
and so on, without changing it "for real".

I don't think, we should ban our data into ODF container fields, ODF metadata
and so on. That would mean there will be no benefit of XML anymore to us. In
that case nothing could check validity, nothing can understand it without
being an ODF parser.

Best regards,
Kay