List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: tagging beta1
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <nikolaus4 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-27 8:12:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 27 July 2007 07:57:52 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > >
> > > This seem to compile now, so I've uploaded tarballs to the usual
> > > location and created a tag. koffice tarballs were also uploaded.
> >
> > Thanks, Dirk :>
> >
> > Is someone from the KOffice team on this list? Are there some changelogs
> > for KOffice, maybe an overview of what changed, what the status is and
> > what plans there are.
>
> I'll try to assemble something today. Given that we didn't really announce
> alpha 1, pretty much everything is new.
>
> People: what are the cool things you want listed in the changelog? What are
> we definitively going to do for 2.0 final that we want people to focus on
> instead of the bugs and gaps?

For KSpread 2.0:
* new storage system:
   better scaling, faster column/row insertions, select all feature
* improved loading code:
   big documents are now loadable
* revised dependency/recalculation handling
* new damage concept (codephrase: 'kay... speed!):
   less painting, less dependency updates, less recalculations
* new functions:
   MINVERSE, MUNIT, TRANSPOSE, BITAND, BITLSHIFT, BITOR, BITRSHIFT, BITXOR,
   IMCOSH, IMLOG10, IMLOG2, IMSINH, IMTAN, IMTANH, DATE2UNIX, DATEDIF,
   NETWORKDAYS, UNIX2DATE, WEEKNUM, WORKDAY, YEARFRAC, CUMIPMT, CUMPRINC,
   NPV, ODDLPRICE, YIELDDISC, YIELDMAT, ERROR.TYPE, NA, HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP,
   FREQUENCY, INTERCEPT, SLOPE, STEYX, ZTEST, YFINANCE, YWEATHER
* object embedding by using flake
* auto-filter

Regards,
Stefan