List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Formula Shape - Inferred rows
From:       Martin Pfeiffer <hubipete () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-07-14 13:40:52

So first let's cool down, and be rational.

> WTF? You end up discussion by removing InferredRowElement inheritance ? You
> still fail to see that your code is *broken* ?
I did not end up the discussion, I just wanted to give you an idea of how it
works without InferredRowElement as you did not seem to read my diff
carefully.
I am tired of explaining you the meaning of the paragraph in the spec so
please give me an example or better write a test that does not work with the
current row inheritance, this would be productive.

> > > To be fair, I don't really understand why we are investing time in such
> > > discussions about rewritting code that already works, for little or no
> > > >

> gain, when we are so delayed in our release schedule. Thus, I would like to
>
> > end this discussion. If you are really convinced it's going to be a
> > simpler and easier to understand and maintain, and you are going to write
> > all of it, just do it and commit.
> > Ok I will write it.
>
> I meant write *all* of it and *then* commit it, not the other way around.
> You again reverted my changes without providing any solution and without
> even fixing the segmentation faults I told you your code cause. We are
> again at the beginning.
Alfreado, fixing seg faults and so is nothing that brings us further in the
development acutally we need to implement the element classes to support
stuff and we need provide a GUI this is what I did partially ( see
RootElement, FormulaToolOptions... ) the other stuff is nothing that really
brings us further it is more a design thing that need to be solved.
I commited the stuff in single commits so that they can be reverted, man it is
not that much work to change it again, and if you don't want to do it I will
do it if it is proven that something does not work.