List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bidi
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-07-10 11:08:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 July 2007 19:35:08 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2007, Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> > On Monday 09 July 2007 09:05:05 Thomas Zander wrote:
[...]
> > > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Yes, except, that my motivation for this task is not very high. But
> > that's not your fault. :)
> >
> > Any volunteer? Sebastian? :)
>
> So, we have Thomas who would help with the layout and me who would help
> with kotext. Guess to get a start we now just need some basic code within
> KSpread that shows how this should be integrated (since while I know
> KSpread a bit I have no clue what would be the best way here).

The text layout/painting is implemented in CellView. The per-character style
(QTextFormat?) or whatever else is needed beside the already present text
style attributes (font, font size, etc.) should go into Style. Simply add a
key, a getter/setter and extend the compare() method. As already mentioned
the layouted text should be cached in CellView.
The in-cell editor is called CellEditor. As we don't support everything the
text shape plugin does, we need a QTextEdit here. Same for the editor above
the canvas, EditWidget. Both are located in ui/Editors.{cpp|h}.

> re layout; and I still guess we should move the layout-code or at least
> parts of it to kotext since to have n different layouters that are doing
> the same just does not sound wise for me.

To me also not. However, the layouter seems not to be a big task.

Regards,
Stefan