List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: ODF Camp at OOoCamp
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-28 19:23:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Anyone interrested in attending?
I'm personally not inclined to go.

Subject: ODF Camp at OOoCamp
Date: Thursday 28 June 2007
From: Louis Suarez-Potts <louis@openoffice.org>
To: Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>

Thomas,

I hope you are well.... and I'd like to follow up on some things.

I'd like to invite you and any other relevant KOffice people to an
ODF camp that will be hosted during the upcoming OOoCon this 19-21
September. The actual ODF camp will be on 20 September, and we are
hoping to get all the main implementers there.

The main point would be double: to identify problems that produce
incompatibilities among the ODF implementations and then to see if we
can fix them, if not that same day, then later, through working
groups formed then.

The problem is pretty important, I think we all agree. And KOffice's
presence is crucial. Other groups and companies there will include
the usual--so you can see why I hope you can make it.

Oh, the event is in Barcelona :-)

Please let me know if you and others can make it.  As to funding: I
can't  speak to any of it, but my guess is that it will be minimal
for this, if at all.

And, lest you think this is a pure OOo thing, or that we are trying
to colonize ODF--let's talk about having the next meeting focused on
ODF compliance at aKademy :-)

Ciao,

Louis