List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake shape transformations
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-22 9:44:14

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2007 20:29:16 jaham wrote:
>> How can i test that? Is there a way to create such nested shapes?
>
> I have failed to update the flake testApp since the introduction of
> loadOdf() and friends which require me to link to KoStore.  Otherwise you
> could use that one.  (http://people.fruitsalad.org/zander/software/flake)
>
> The 'group' command goes a long way already by creating a parent-child
> relationship.  I guess it would be great if someone created a new command
> that did almost the same, but would allow the user to make a parent-child
> relationship and allow the parent to clip the child (so you can create a
> cutout of an image, for example)
>
>> Can i
>> do that in KWord?
>
> Hmm, not entirely.  Using the 'insert->make inline' menu option you can
> make any shape a child of a text shape.  The problem is that I was lazy
> and defaulted the parent shape to the main text shape.  Which you can't
> more or rotate ;(
> If someone feels lucky it would be great if they could finish
> KWView::inlineFrame() to use any frame and make the child shape appear at
> the current position instead of always at a hardcoded position.  Anyway,
> thats slightly off topic already ;)

Ok i managed to come up with a quick way to test that. I used a text
shape in karbon and added some other selected shapes as childs to the
text shape. I used the KoShapeGroupCommand for that, with very little
fixes applied. I found a small bug regarding the calculation of the
transformation matrix of these child shapes and already fixed that. :-)
There are still some painting glitches, for instance the painting of the
border of a clipped child shape, which i hope to fix soon.

Ciao Jan