List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MS Word (.doc) file format
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-01 0:16:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 May 2007 09:58:23 Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > I have spoken with a Microsoft employee and he assured me that any
> > person can contact Microsoft and request the full specification of
> > the binary fileformat of MSOffice before 2007.
>
> Can you let me know the contact person for this? I'm interested in the
> complete documentation for Excel and PowerPoint file format.

Here is a reply I got from my contact;

---------------------
(link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/840817)
Microsoft Office Binary File Formats
Microsoft makes its .doc, .xls, and .ppt binary file format specifications
available under a royalty-free covenant not to sue to anyone who wishes
to implement all or part of these specifications in their products.
Implementation includes the ability to use the specification
documentation for analysis and forensic reference purposes. Microsoft
Office Drawing File Format for 2007 and Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA) File Format for 2007 are also available under this program.

If you want to receive the documentation, contact Microsoft at the
following e-mail address to initiate the agreement sign-up process:
officeff@microsoft.com (mailto:officeff@microsoft.com)

When you write to Microsoft, provide the following information:
* The specific file format specifications that you are interested in
* Your company or agency name
* Your mailing address
* Your city
* Your state or province
* Your zip code or postal Code
* Your country
* A contact name
* A contact title
* A contact telephone number

APPLIES TO
* Microsoft Office Excel 2007
* Microsoft Office Excel 2003
* Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
* Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
* Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
* Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
* Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Office Word 2007
* Microsoft Office Word 2003
* Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
* Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition