List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Color selection widget
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-29 8:37:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 00:38:51 Casper Boemann wrote:
> So I propose that we just have the recent colors, the "auto color ",
> all the colors in the swatch and a "Add / Remove Colors..." button at
> the buttom of the widget,[]

I'm sorry but argumentation like this:
 "The custom color button should also not be present. If the user is
  willing to use another color then it's also important enough to add it
 to the swatch."

Just doesn't give me any insight into your thoughts and how you got to
that conclusion.  Obviously I don't agree and you have not made any case
on why I should change my mind.
I know a bit or two about usability and I can always explain why I think
certain things are more correct.  You seem to reason much more on gut
feeling. While that may have some good things, I would hope you can
refrain from throwing away things you can't immediately see working.  I
may actually know what I am talking about and some of those things you
decide to throw away may just very well end up being the best thing since
sliced bread.

So, please, just aim for a feature overloaded color selector in the first
iteration. And let a lot of people look at it.  If you commit something
before the end of this week I can show it to Ellen and let her give an
expert usability advice on the ideas.

Thanks.
--
Thomas Zander