List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: Number class - some issues
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-27 17:00:25

2007/5/27, Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus@kdemail.net>:
> (Currently ValueCalc's methods are never called for complex numbers.)

Yes, I am aware of that. And I would like to change this, if possible,
to achieve greater flexibility. Because flexibility is good.

So, would the following approach be acceptable for you ?

- the Number class gets written the way I proposed, with complex
numbers included
- there is a typedef Number double possible
- if the abovementioned typedef is not used, then complex numbers (and
high-precision ones, once they get supported) will be handled by the
Number class
- if the typedef does get used, complex number support will get
#ifdef-ed into the Value class
- the IMFOO functions will be capable of using both approaches with
#ifdef (they're both simple - one or two line of code, so it's not a
problem)

This way, we get both high speed when the class is not included, and
greater flexibility (all functions supporting complex/high-prec
numbers, and such) when it is included.

/ Tomas