List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status of KoMacro ?
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-05-20 13:40:04

> >  - security: it's much more harder to secure python/ruby than a simple
> > list of actions that would never give access to the hard drive,
> > remember that I want to use that stuff for 1) collaborative editing
> > (think about what could do an evil guy if he can remotely execute
> > scripts) and 2) interactive tutorials
>
> I think you are confusing some things. Or at least thinking much to
> complicated here. Security is not relevant in this part of the design as
> you build on top of Kross which will handle all security things for you.
I think you are giving to much credit to Kross :) And to the interpreters :)

> > That's why I much preffer my solution (see
> > http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Image:ActionsRecordingKrita.png
> > ) where "exporting to script" is just a plugin at the end.
>
> Sure, if that's how you want to do it, I won't stop you.
Especially that I would have need a slave to write and maintain the python
output ;) While XML and C++ is common knowledge. Now the  problem is that if
I do my way and all koffice developers think it should be done otherwise,
then later someone will come up with a different solution, and my work will
be thrown away and my time wasted :) Now the question is, would you accept to
use a framework that can do more, but that you can use for less in KWord ?

--
Cyrille Berger