List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking ahead for further alpha releases
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2007-05-14 14:01:31

On Monday 14 May 2007 15:08, Thomas Zander wrote:
>[regarding the kword collabortion]
> You mean that the plugin that does this should not be shipped if its not
> fully functional?
Well yeah if it doesn't work then we shouldn't include it. I'd think that is
obvious. it doesn't have to have all the fancy stuff (which can go in 2.1)
but it needs to be usable. Otherwise what is the point

> > > all application needs that, and I quiet like the kde4 schedule on
> > > that aspect, doing the UI review after the feature freeze.
> >
> > You cant change ui radically after freeze so that would be a bad time
> > to do i
>
> What kind of freeze are you thinking about, then?
> KDE has a 'no new libraries' freeze, a 'API cleanup/renaming' freeze, a
> feature freeze and a string freeze. (IIRC).
A freeze on all things above bugs fixing. So no new dialogs or plugins or
stuff that the app can do (like a new OpenFormula function).
Strings are still allowed to change for some time after, as part of fixing
small bugs like misnamed menus etc

But please note: This is a rather aggressive releaseplan. What you might
otherwise be allowed to change in a beta is a no-no. During beta stage we
need to stabalize what we have. We have changed so much that if we keep on
adding new stuff we'll end up with a release full of bugs

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann