List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Not using adjustable precision in KSpread
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-05-06 9:19:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Tomas,

as James already stated, the variable precision shown is a feature, which also
Gnumeric and Excel have. There's a minor difference though, both round the
value, while KSpread truncates it and shows the red arrow. Anyway, I'd like
to keep this feature as I see no good reason to remove it:

I doubt, that it has a significant impact on the painting speed. All cell
atttributes, which are expensive to look up or to calculate are (or should
be) cached in CellView nowadays. The width and the text to be displayed
belong to this group. Though, the truncation may be optimized by making use
of Qt's text layout functionality.

You have mentioned, that the truncation does not work as expected. Could you
give an example for this, please?

Regards,
Stefan