List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Db icons and mimetypes
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-21 6:48:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 April 2007 21:56, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> I guess it's the other way around: anyone who introduces a new mimetype
> for a file format have to point to this fileformat being available in
> the wild.

The specification of what kind of file is expected to have the mimetype is
available. So its not hard to make a file that correctly should carry the
mimetype.

If you are saying that we still need an application to actually write it
before the mime type should be attached to such files, well sure. Thats
true. Similarly you could not use the png mimetype until there were
actual applications that created the pngs. :)

Then again, lets be prepared for when kexi can export the format or when
another app can read/write it.  Being prepared means having the mimetype
in kdelibs as well as the icon. (Both already in place).  Which means
nothing to be done anymore.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander