List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: commit
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-16 18:34:09

On Monday 16 April 2007 20:24:29 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 16 April 2007 19:53, Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> > I type text, then hit italic and type foo, hit italic again and type
> > bar. The result is: textfoobar (foo in italic in case the formating is
> > lost on the mailing list) I then select everything and hit bold.
> > The result here is: textfoobar (everything in bold with foo also in
> > italic)
>
> I read the bold command in your branch and I concluded that the above
> behavior would not be able to occur. At least it did not using Qt4.2 ;)
> So you see the result _with_ your bold command?

yes mergeCharFormat works great here (as far as all the format I have tested
it with: underline, font colour, italic and bold). I can't tell about the
inline text id stuff (I am not there yet).

> Specifically using a single
>   m_caret->mergeCharFormat(format);
> did not give me the effect above.

if I have understood the Qt docs, merge is not supposed to touch the formating
that is not set in the provided QTextCharFormat (as opposed to set, which
actually would also make the naming of these two functions logical). It was
perhaps buggy in 4.2 times.

Pierre