List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: track change (was : Re: TextTool commands)
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-13 16:13:45

On Friday 13 April 2007 17:48:51 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 18:35, Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> > I didn't want to suggest a branch because I thought it would be a waste
> > of repository space to duplicate entirely Koffice just for an
> > additional directory with 10ish files and that keeping the two in sync
> > would be difficult.
>
> Why would you want to keep stuff in sync?
I was talking about the areas that would not be touched by the changes, so the
branched koffice could still compile and be compared with trunck for
regressions, etc. But it seems pretty easy to do with svn merge.

> I'm not someone that can talk about svn rights.  I always suggest
> overlaying something like darcs when hacking on something that may not
> end up in the final tree.
> I mean; why do you need to commit something to svn at all?
to have at least a remote chance of having a feedback from others without me
spaming this mailing list. Plus I'll need to have a place to commit to so I
can show you "code that works" ;)

> At this time it may be important to note that Google Summer Of Code
> accepted a proposal to work on a project that is closely related. It is
> about real time collaboration of the textual part in KOffice.
definitely worth looking for synergies there. I'll contact the guy/gall (if
you are the guy/gall in question and reading this, feel free to contact me).

Thanks for your time,

Pierre