List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Digital signing in ODF
From:       Thomas Schaap <t.m.schaap () student ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2007-03-29 12:39:09

Jarosław Staniek schreef:
> Brad Hards said the following, On 2007-03-29 13:25:
>> On Thursday 29 March 2007 21:10, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I collaborate a bit within a consortium of Polish ODF backers, and recently
>>> I received a question about digital signature in ODF specs:
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument#No_digital_signature
>>>
>>> Have you anything to say something about the issue?
>> Its true. What is the question?
>
> Where's the place for specs re. digital signing? ODF or outside?

They can be found on the W3C site. It's the XML Digital Signature
specification. The mail Thomas Zander pointed to includes a proposed
addition to ODF specifying the exact implementation in ODF 1.2. This
proposal had been accepted by the ODF committee and will appear in ODF
1.2, if I've understood correctly.

As for KOffice: I'm already looking into incorporating this. The first
and most pressing question is wether I'm going to rely on external
libraries for the implementation for xml dsig and associates. With any
luck, though, it'll be available for KOffice 2.0.

Thomas Schaap