List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status and release goals for 2.0 round-up
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-03-19 9:59:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 18 March 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:

> I don't believe in email as a carrier for TODO lists. It doesn't work,
> really. I put all my TODOs in korganizer and give them priorities. Priority
> above 5 means they are not required for the 2.0 release. Priority below
> means they are.  Priority 5 is questionable or yet unassigned.

Whatever suits you best: there is no One True Way of keeping track of tasks
that must suit everybody. I have the experience that it _does_ work -- it
worked very well for Krita during the 1.4 and 1.5 releases, much better than
lists on the wiki, because everyone gets to see it and items gets discussed,
people see there are certains tasks open & pick them up.

And in any case, we agreed yesterday that it would be a good idea to mail
koffice-devel to get an overview of the status of every app and library.
Well, this list of coarse grained tasks and estimates is my way of
contributing to that overview. I don't see how we can define a release
schedule without defining a task list. The mailing list is available to
everyone, and archived. IRC is too ephemeral for that. And discussion pages
on the wiki are just too uncomfortable.

> Anyway; you can take a look at a PDF that korganizer created.  Some major
> items are actually on the wiki and on EBN and not in the TODO list. But
> this is pretty complete on the whole. (except for bugfixing new code,
> obviously)

Thanks.

--
Boudewijn Rempt